The Kafue Gorge Regional Training Centre (KGRTC), situated about 100 KM south of Lusaka, off Chirundu Road, is a regional training facility offering in-service training in Energy and related technical, and non-technical courses for Africa and beyond. The Centre, in addition, offers quality conference, accommodation and catering services. KGRTC is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the vacant position of:
Overall Purpose of The Job
- Reporting to the Registrar, the Procurement Officer will primarily be responsible for the procurement of goods and services while ensuring that corporate, government and ethical policies are adhered to.
- The Procurement Officer will be responsible for sourcing of suppliers, preparation of tender documents and proposals in accordance with the KGRTC procurement policy and the Zambia Public Procurement Act, drafting, editing, review and interpretation of contract terms, conditions and specifications and coordination of evaluation of proposals, bids and quotations and awarding or recommendation of contract awards within prescribed limits.
- Coordinate the overall operation of KGRTC’s purchasing function to ensure goods, works and services are provided at the most competitive rates
- Monitor organizational procurement trends and implement improved procedures
- Co-ordinate, administer, monitor and review the tendering process including, programming, advertising, analyzing, evaluating and contract award to meet required timescales
- Prepare contract documents including drafting contract clauses and special conditions of contract, scope of requirements, specifications and references to technical performance requirements suitable for the contracts in question
- Participate in specialized projects and assignments related to procurement as required
- In collaboration with the Accounts Department prepare the annual Procurement Plan
- Perform secretarial functions to the Procurement Committee.
How to Apply
To apply see full advert on the website:
Please ensure that you are a fully paid member of the Zambia institute of purchasing and supply
+260 211 371085